Heliodor crystal is a beautiful stone that is a variety of Beryl. Other members of the Beryl family include aquamarine, emerald, and morganite. Heliodor is also commonly referred to as Golden Beryl.
In addition to its beauty, Heliodor crystal has many practical uses today. This article will take a look into the properties, meanings, and uses of the Heliodor gemstone.
What Is Heliodor
Heliodor is a beautiful golden gemstone that is used in jewelry and other decorative items like vases and bowls. It’s also used for carvings and sculptures.
This stone is connected to the Solar Plexus chakra and symbolizes confidence and communication. It is often confused with the more common topaz, but its unique properties set it apart from the gem of choice for millions of people across the globe.
How Did It get its name?
Heliodor is a stone of golden light. The word is a combination of the Greek words “hēlios,” meaning “Sun,” and “dōron,” which means “gift.”
How is Golden Beryl Formed?
Heliodor crystals are formed by slow crystallization under low pressure and high temperature over long periods of time. It’s found in granitic pegmatites along with other minerals such as quartz, feldspar, biotite, and tourmaline.
Golden Beryl Appearance
Heliodor is a greenish-yellow crystal, but the color varies depending on the concentration of the elements like Fe3+ ions in their chemical composition. The physical structure of a heliodor is made up of an elongated hexagonal prism.
The most common color for Heliodor is greenish-yellow to grass-green, but it can also be found in other colors like pale yellow and apple green. It has a soft luster and is usually translucent.
Where Can You Find Golden Beryl?
Golden Beryl stones are mined all over the world. But the biggest mines of the gem are in Sri Lanka, Namibia (Erongo Region), and Brazil (Minas Gerais). Other sources are located all over the world.
Golden Beryl Physical Properties
|Hardness (Mohs scale)||7.5 – 8|
|Refractive Index||1.566 – 1.579|
|Specific Gravity||2.68 – 2.72|
Cost And Value
Faceted Heliodor stones can generally be priced from 15$ up to 100$ per carat in the market. The value of Heliodor gemstone is influenced by multiple factors such as size, cut, color, and clarity.
- Size: With most gemstones, the larger the size, the higher the price. However, the price per carat is not linear. In other words, a stone that is twice as large will not necessarily be twice as expensive as one of half its size. The size must also be considered relative to the rest of the stone. If a stone is cut too big, it will have less value than one cut correctly for its weight.
- Color: Color is a crucial factor that can significantly influence the value of golden beryl gemstones. The intensity and saturation of the color are also important factors. Generally, the more intense and saturated the yellow color, the higher its value.
- Clarity: Clarity refers to the inclusions, fractures, and other defects visible in a stone. Stones with fewer defects are valued more as their internal beauty is more visible. The more transparent and flawless a stone is, the higher its value.
- Cut: Cut refers to how a stone has been shaped into its final form. The difference in cuts can be the difference between a polished stone and a dull stone. A well-cut gemstone will have optimal proportions, which allow light to reflect through it with maximum brilliance and sparkle.
How To Tell If Your Golden Beryl Is Real?
Scammers often mislabel stones and sell them as Heliodor crystals. Here are some ways you can determine if it is genuine or not:
- Color: Look for natural shifts in color, which are most common near the center of the crystal. If it is too evenly colored, it could be a synthetic stone. In addition, If the color is monotonous and lacks depth, there’s a good chance that what you’re looking at is not genuine. The Golden-yellow color is the most desirable one for Heliodor.
- Check for Inclusions: Heliodor crystals will have inclusions, which are tiny imperfections within the crystal. They often look like small dots or stripes within the stone. These are signs that it’s genuine. If there are no inclusions, the gemstone is likely not genuine.
- Acetone test: If you plan to buy a Heliodor crystal, take a small piece of cotton and dip it in acetone. Rub the stone with this cotton and see if the color comes off. If it does, then it’s not real.
- Scratch Test: Take a metal object, such as a knife, and gently scratch the stone. If the scratch mark remains on the surface of the gemstone, then it’s not real. Kitchen knives and similar metal objects shouldn’t leave a mark on hard stones with a rating of 6-7 or higher.
If you are unsure, don’t hesitate to bring it to a gemological expert to verify.
The energy of Heliodor crystals strongly resonates with the Solar Plexus chakra.
The Solar Plexus chakra is known as the power center and is located just below the ribs. This chakra is responsible for giving you the ability to express yourself verbally and non-verbally.
When this chakra is out of balance, it can lead to feelings of low self-worth, anxiety, and insecurity. As a result, you may experience a lack of self-confidence and feel as though you are not good enough.
Heliodor crystals can help the Solar Plexus chakra to open up and become more active. It can also help improve communication between the physical body, mind, and spirit.
Heliodor crystals help people with nervousness by boosting their self-esteem. They are known for bringing out your inner confidence and helping you feel good about yourself. This energy will help you express yourself in a way that feels natural and comfortable for you.
- Harmony: Heliodor crystal is a gem associated with peacefulness, balance, and harmony. It can help you achieve the calmness and peace of mind often required for inner growth. Heliodor helps people who suffer from feelings of alienation or isolation to become more connected with others.
- Confidence: Gold Heliodor is a gemstone associated with confidence, inner strength, and determination. It can help you to overcome any fears or inhibitions that are holding you back from achieving your goals. Heliodor gemstones can help people who lack self-confidence and feel insecure in their relationships with others by boosting their belief in themselves.
- New Beginnings: Heliodor crystal is a gemstone associated with new beginnings, fresh starts, and renewal. It helps you to make a clean break from the past and start afresh in any area of your life that needs attention. Heliodor encourages you to move forward in your life and allows you to let go of unproductive or negative behavior patterns.
- Clarity: This gemstone is often used to enhance your mental clarity. It can help you focus on the tasks without being distracted by outside influences or negative thoughts. Heliodor crystal also has the power to clear away confusion and provide answers that you have been searching for in life.
- Communication: Gold Heliodor crystal is a good stone for those who want to improve their communication skills. It can help you to speak your truth in a way that others will understand without being harsh or critical. This makes it an excellent stone to use if you need to give someone feedback on something they have done wrong or needs improvement.
Heliodor Crystal Meaning And Uses
- Heliodor has been used as an amulet or talisman against evil spirits for centuries. It is a protective stone that can be used to keep you safe from the hostile intentions of others. It can also be used to protect other people, especially those who are vulnerable or in need of support.
- Heliodor pendants are said to prevent nightmares and promote restful sleep, which makes them a good choice for people who have insomnia. It is also thought to improve the quality of your dreams, which can be helpful if you are trying to interpret them and want to learn more about yourself.
- Heliodor crystals can increase your knowledge and understanding of the world around you. It can also help you access information that will benefit your life. Psychics and mediums have used it as a tool for clairvoyance or remote viewing, which means it can assist with any form of psychic work.
- It is an excellent stone for meditation. It can help you to focus on your breathing and clear your mind of all distracting thoughts.
- This is a good stone for anyone who wants to attract love into their life. It can help you to open up and be more receptive to the idea of being loved by someone else. It can also help you find the courage to express your feelings, which may lead to positive results.
- Heliodor is also a powerful healing crystal. It can help to heal emotional wounds, especially those that have to do with relationships. It is also a beneficial stone for individuals who are experiencing grief or loss.
How To Clean Heliodor Crystal Jewelry?
Here are some simple steps to help your Heliodor jewelry maintain its beauty.
- You can start cleaning your Heliodor jewelry by running it under lukewarm soapy water.
- Scrub the gemstone gently with a soft toothbrush until the dirt and grime are gone.
- Polish the crystal with a microfiber cloth until it shines.
- Finally, remember to store your jewelry in a cool and dry place.
- You can cleanse your Heliodor using burning sage to remove any negativity absorbed, which can negatively impact the surroundings.
- You can recharge your crystal by immersing it in moonlight or burying it underground.
Try not to expose the jewelry to strong chemicals or heat, which may damage the crystal.
Which Gemstones Go Best With Heliodor?
Because Heliodor is so vibrant, it works well with other bright colors. For example, you can match it with green stones like emeralds, peridots, green beryl, etc. You can also use it to accentuate the color of other gems in your collection, such as blue sapphires or rubies.
Due to its color, it pairs well with stones like Citrine.
What Is Heliodor Good For?
Heliodor has been used in jewelry since ancient times because of its beautiful appearance. In addition, it was thought to have healing properties and was often used in rituals and ceremonies. It is traditionally believed to bring good fortune and has been used for thousands of years as a talisman against evil spirits.
Are There Any Health Risks Associated With Heliodor?
Heliodor is a beryllium compound that can cause lung problems such as pneumonitis when breathed in. Therefore, miners must be very careful while working with it, and gem cutters must wear masks during the cutting process.
Is Heliodor Heat Treated?
Heliodor is usually not heat treated, but it can be when it is used in jewelry or as a gemstone. The heat treatment process involves heating the stone to a high temperature, which makes it more stable and durable while also improving its color.