Botswana Agate Stone Overview
Botswana agate is a unique type of agate. It is only found in a single country and comes in a few different beautiful colorations, making it one of the most sought-after gemstones in the world. It is a powerful stone that can influence various aspects of our life and should be treated with respect.
This article will help you learn about the Botswana Agate stone, where it comes from, how much it costs, and what types of uses there are for this stone.
What Is The Botswana Agate Stone?
Botswana Agate stone is a variety of minerals made of silicon dioxide known as Chalcedony. Botswana Agate forms within the cavities of other rocks in acidic to neutral environments by accumulating silica-rich groundwater.
Silicates accumulated within the cavities of volcanic and plutonic rocks create the geodes from which we extract these crystals.
The properties of Botswana Agate stones include healing the root chakra and bringing peace to mind. They are also helpful in finding your inner strength and wisdom when faced with difficult decisions.
The Botswana Agate Stone Appearance
Botswana Agate stone is a translucent gem with a granular structure. It’s primarily pink and grey but can rarely be found in brown, white, yellow, and red. The stripes come from the mineral deposits left behind when ancient oceans receded during the formation of the Kalahari Desert.
Botswana Agate stone is hard to find because it only occurs in one region of Botswana, the Kalahari Desert on Africa’s eastern coast, and it’s not very prevalent there either. This makes it rare and highly sought after by many rock collectors who want to possess this beautiful stone.
Physical Properties Of The Botswana Agate Stone
|Chemical name||Silicon dioxide|
|Hardness (Mohs scale)||6.5 – 7|
|Refractive Index||1.53 – 1.54|
|Fracture||Conchoidal with very sharp edges|
|Specific Gravity||2.58 – 2.64|
Where Is The Botswana Agate Stone Found?
The Botswana Agate stone is a crystal that originates from the country of Botswana. The best place to find it is in the Central District in the Bobonong area. This area holds many deposits of this stone, and it’s also an ideal spot for mineral collecting because there are plenty of other stones to collect there.
The color and patterns of these gemstones come from the host rock, basalt, from the 180 Ma Karoo volcanic eruptions.
How Much Does The Botswana Agate Stone Cost?
When it comes to pricing, Botswana Agate stone can be pretty unpredictable. For example, the most expensive pieces might go for several thousand dollars, while some of the cheaper ones may still be worth several hundred dollars.
Three factors determine the price of a gemstone: size, color, and quality.
- Size: The larger the stone is, the more it will cost. This is a general rule for all types of minerals and crystals, so it’s not surprising that it applies to Botswana Agate as well. The size of your stone can affect its price by up to several hundred dollars per carat.
- Color: Your Botswana Agate’s color will also affect its price. The more vibrant and colorful the stone is, the more expensive it will be. If you have a piece with excellent, even coloring, you’re likely to get a higher price than someone with a dull one.
- Quality: The quality of a piece is dependent on a few things. Namely, the number of inclusions and imperfections, cloudiness and clarity, and continuity of color. The fewer imperfections, the better clarity, and the more continuity the color of your piece has, the better price it will fetch.
If you’re selling a Botswana Agate stone, you should take it to a gemologist to get a professional appraisal. This will increase your credibility in any potential seller’s mind and give you a better idea of where you stand in terms of the piece’s quality.
How To Tell If The Botswana Agate Stone Is Real?
There are many ways to tell if a piece of Botswana Agate is natural. Some of them are listed below:
- Hold the stone in your hand and lightly scrape it against your fingernail. If it scratches, it’s not real. Actual Botswana Agate has a rating of 6.5 – 7 on the Mohs scale, meaning it shouldn’t get scratches from your fingernail or even from most kitchen knives.
- You can check if a piece is dyed by putting it in acetone. Acetone acts as a solvent and dissolves any dye on the stone. If the color doesn’t dissolve after a couple of minutes, it’s a natural gemstone.
- Another thing you can do with any gemstone is to check its transparency by placing it over white paper under bright light. It should be a semi-transparent stone; you can see vague shapes but not details when looking through it. If it is an opaque piece, there is a good chance it’s fake.
Botswana Agate Stone Chakra Connection
Botswana Agate is a stone of the root chakra, also known as Muladhara.
The root chakra can be found at the base of your spine and has many functions, including helping you feel grounded and secure.
When wearing this precious gemstone jewelry or using it for healing purposes, you may notice an increase in self-confidence, stability, and an overall sense of calmness.
Botswana Agate Stone Meaning And Uses
- Botswana Agate is a stone of adventure. Having one in your collection will increase your sense of adventure. You’ll be able to get out of your comfort zone more often, do new things without much fear, and go on journeys that wouldn’t even begin otherwise.
- This stone is known to bring positivity and repel negative emotions. It will help the wearer overcome setbacks and failures and can help cure mental illnesses.
- Botswana Agate is also a protective stone, guarding against negativity and psychic attacks. It provides clarity in decision-making and brings tranquility during stress or anxiety.
- It promotes harmony between mind and body by aligning the chakras and meridians of the physical body with those found within the etheric body(s). This may allow one to feel more centered in their energy field (aura), resulting in feeling calmer or more grounded overall.
- This stone is often used to increase attention to detail. It makes an excellent gift for anyone who often forgets little things like special dates and events.
- Alternate medicine practitioners use Botswana Agates because they believe this gem helps alleviate chronic lower back pain, knee problems, and other conditions that involve inflammation. It is important to note that these beliefs are not backed up scientifically, even if plenty of anecdotal evidence exists in favor of such claims. So the best way to take advantage of alternative medicine is to use it in conjunction with traditional Allopathic medicine.
How To Use The Botswana Agate Stone
Botswana Agate was only discovered around 1971, so it is not as well researched as stones that have been around for much longer. However, using the principles of gemology, you can find the best way to utilize this gem.
Your travel pack is one of the best places to keep a Botswana Agate. It helps you overcome your unease and encourages you to try new and exciting things you might not do on your own.
Tumbled stones make lovely decoration pieces for your home and have spiritual value. You can use polished Botswana Agate inside your home to promote a sense of peace and serenity. For this purpose, they are best placed in an open space where people often come and go, such as the dining or living room.
Botswana Agate can also be used as jewelry like any other precious stone. This way, you can use the crystal wherever you go.
How To Take Care Of Botswana Agate Stone Jewelry?
Botswana Agate is a stunning stone that has a lot of meaning. However, it can be ruined if you don’t take care of it properly. When you invest in this type of jewelry, it is important to maintain it properly. You can follow these steps to help you do just that:
How Do You Charge A Bostawana Agate Stone?
Place it under the full moon. The moon’s natural light will charge any crystal and make it stronger in energy.
Stream mineralized water over it for a few minutes. This will replenish any lost energy and make it as good as new.
Take your Botswana Agate outside and bury it under the soil for about 4-5 hours. This will renew its connection with nature, giving it more power than before.
Why is it called Botswana Agate?
The name “Botswana Agate” came from its place of origin, the Botswana region in Africa.
They are mined there and found in the Kalahari desert, which is located in Southern Africa and covers parts of Namibia, South Africa, and Botswana.
What is The Botswana Agate Stone good for?
This gemstone is good for grounding, healing, inner peace, and protection.
Botswana Agate is a stone of grounding. This means that you can use it to help balance your emotions, reduce stress and anxiety, and bring you back to the center when life throws you off balance. It can also help you feel more secure because it will remind you that there is an internal strength inside yourself that no one can take away from you.
Botswana Agate is said to aid healing by encouraging deep meditation and connection with your body’s energy field. This allows for an increased flow of light energy throughout your chakras (energy centers), resulting in greater physical vitality and mental clarity.
Those seeking wholeness and inner peace will find comfort in Botswana Agate’s energies which promote serenity while keeping negative influences at bay.
Those who need grounding or protection should reach for Botswana Agate because it helps keep things stable during times of stress or uncertainty.
Botswana Agate is also known to nurture a sense of adventure in the wearer, especially regarding new ventures and opportunities. Those who need a little more motivation or inspiration should reach for Botswana Agate because it helps them see the bigger picture. The energies of Botswana Agate can help you find your path in life by helping you set goals and visualize how they will be achieved.
What Are The Health Benefits Of The Botswana Agate Stone?
Botswana Agate is an excellent stone for healing. It is said to help with chronic back pain, knee problems, and constipation. Furthermore, some believe it can also be used to overcome weight-related disorders such as obesity and diabetes.
Because of their soothing color scheme, Botswana Agates are ideal stones for meditation or relaxing after a hard day at work because of their soft color scheme.
What Gem Goes Best With The Botswana Agate Stone?
Botswana Agate is a root chakra stone, which makes it ideal for anyone who wants to deepen their connection with nature. But if you’re looking for something even more powerful, another gem of the same orientation is often helpful. For example, pairing it with Red Jasper or Bloodstone, both being oriented to the root charka, can have good results.
You can also consider using it alongside crown chakra stones like Amethyst or Moonstone, which connect us to our divinity, or Grape Agate which creates a good balance of earth and water energy.