Pink Spinel Overview
Pink Spinel is a beautiful pink-colored gemstone that was discovered relatively recently. It is believed to have the power to increase the wearer’s self-esteem, confidence, and positivity. This stone is also said to help you attract more love into your life.
Its beautiful appearance and metaphysical properties make it a highly desired addition to any collection. Furthermore, its durability makes it perfect for jewelry making and other ornamental uses.
This article will take a look into the properties, meanings, and uses of the pink Spinel gemstone.
What Is Pink Spinel?
Pink Spinel is a pink gemstone. It is rare and can only be found in a handful of locations worldwide. Due to its rarity and beautiful appearance, it is highly sought after.
This gemstone is related to the heart chakra and is said to symbolize purification and meditation. It connects to the realm of love and matters of the heart due to its relation to the heart chakra.
Pink Spinel is a member of the spinel group. It is a hard gemstone with a Mohs rating of 8. Some scarce specimens are known to have an alexandrite color change effect. However, such stones are not readily available.
Pink Spinel Appearance
This gemstone has a vivid hot pink color that makes it quite desirable. In addition, it has a beautiful vitreous luster that compliments its translucent appearance.
The stone’s color is attributed to the presence of Cr and V impurities. These trace elements occur naturally in the crystal structure of Spinel and impart its pink color. However, higher concentrations can lead to a darker, reddish hue.
The most common specimens are usually pale pink to light rose, although they can also be found in a more intense shade of red.
In ancient times, pink and red spinels were often mistaken for rubies due to their similar color and structure. The hardness of the two stones is pretty close to each other, so it is hard to distinguish them without modern tools and techniques.
Where Can You Find Pink Spinel?
Pink spinel deposits were first discovered in 1989 near Mahenge in the Ulanga District of Tanzania’s Morogoro Region. This is the only source of significant amounts of pink Spinel.
|Hardness (Mohs scale)||7.5 – 8|
|Refractive Index||1.71 – 1.73|
|Specific Gravity||3.6 – 4.1|
Cost And Value
Pink Spinel is a valuable stone that can sell for $100 – 10,000. The price fluctuates depending on a few factors, which are discussed below.
- Carat: Larger stones are harder to find intact, more challenging to extract, and tougher to process. Because of this, the price per carat of pink spinel gemstones increases with the increase in size. While you might find a good quality one-carat spinel for around $600, the top quality stones above the size of two carats can go as far up as $5000/Ct.
- Cut: Labor and expertise are a significant part of the price evaluation for stones. The cutting process is grueling and time-intensive. This means that well-cut high-quality stones will be worth more than raw ones. Cutting brings out the best in the gem, showing off its color and sparkle. A well-cut pink spinel should also have a smooth surface without any visible flaws, such as cracks or chips.
- Clarity: While the cut of a stone is important, clarity is not far behind. A well-cut stone with good clarity will have fewer visible flaws than a poorly cut one. These flaws include inclusions and surface defects visible to the naked eye. Inclusions can take away from the value of your gemstone because they affect its appearance.
- Color: Color is another important quality when determining the value of your pink Spinel. The most valuable stones are those with vivid, intense colors. If you have a pale pink or light red stone, it will be worth less than one deep red or vibrant pink.
- Knowing that some colors are naturally worth more than others is essential. For example, blue Spinel is more expensive than a pink spinel because of its more desirable color.
How To Tell If Pink Spinel Is Real?
If you are interested in purchasing a pink spinel, you should make sure that you are buying from a reputable source so that you know what type of stone you are purchasing.
When shopping for pink spinels, you should consider several things before making any purchase decisions to make sure it’s real.
- Monotony: One of the easiest ways to tell if a pink spinel is real is by looking at the stone’s color. If the stone is monotone throughout and has no variation, it is not a natural stone. The color should appear to be changing as it moves through different lighting conditions, giving the appearance of depth and internal structure. If the stone seems to be one solid color throughout, it is likely not a natural gemstone.
- Scratch Test: A natural pink spinel cannot be scratched with a fingernail or a simple kitchen knife. If the stone is fake, it will scratch easily and leave a mark that you cannot remove. Spinel has a hardness of almost eight, which is not easy to scratch. Meanwhile, most fakes made from glass or plastic are easily scratched.
- Acetone Test: Dip the stone into an acetone solution and water to see if it loses color. A genuine spinel’s color comes from its structure, not from paint. Since paint is soluble in acetone, it will dissolve in it. If there is no color loss after dipping, then you can be sure that your Spinel is real.
- Transparency: If you look at your stone closely, you will see that it is transparent. If it’s not see-through, then it’s either fake or has some coating on it. Some kinds of gems are opaque and but most pink spinels are translucent.
Pink Spinel is an excellent stone for healing and balancing the Heart Chakra. It is known for its ability to open up the heart and allow love to flow freely. If you are feeling closed off from others, this stone will help you communicate better and let go of any resentment or anger that may be holding you back.
The heart chakra is located in the center of the chest and is responsible for our emotional well-being. It is the fourth chakra of the human body and is also known as the Anahata chakra, which means “unstruck” or “undisturbed.”
Pink Spinel Meaning And Uses
- Pink Spinel can help you purify your gemstones of negative energy. Place your pink spinel stone near your other gems overnight, and they will be more powerful and effective. This is a great way to cleanse your crystals and stones as a beginner.
- It is a perfect stone for meditation as well. It helps you empty your mind and embrace the moment. It also allows you to be more present, so you don’t think about your worries and concerns. Pink Spinel is said to help with stress relief, depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
- Pink Spinel crystals can help you manifest your dreams. It can help you find the courage to face your fears, overcome obstacles and achieve success. It is also a powerful stone that will increase your self-confidence and allow you to become more assertive.
- Pink Spinel is a perfect gift for someone who is single or looking to meet someone new. It will help you attract a partner who is kind and loving, and it will keep the relationship healthy and strong. Pink Spinel can also help you find strength when dealing with difficult people in your life.
- Pink spinel rings are known to boost fertility in women or men who are trying to conceive. It is said to be a good luck stone, so if you are looking for some extra luck in your life, this might be the stone for you.
How To Clean Pink Spinel Jewelry?
Taking care of your Pink Spinel jewelry is essential to help it retain its beauty.
- Soak the jewelry in lukewarm water mixed with a mild dishwashing liquid for five to ten minutes.
- Remove the jewelry from the solution, rinse it gently and scrub stubborn stains with a soft toothbrush.
- Once the crystal has been thoroughly dried, gently buff it with a microfiber cloth.
- You should also cleanse the stone by smoking it using some burning sage smudge sticks. This will remove any negative energy lingering in the gem.
- To recharge, place your pink Spinel under moonlight overnight, preferably during a new or full moon. If that is not possible, you can also give it a Feng Shui fountain bath.
It is best to avoid steam or ultrasonic cleaners when cleaning jewelry because these types of cleaners can damage the gemstones.
Which Gemstones Go Best With Pink Spinel?
Pink Spinel is a stone that looks best when matched with other pink gemstones. It goes particularly well with stones like Morganite and Rose Quartz. It also looks good when matched with purple stones like Amethyst and Iolite.
Moreover, it can also be worn with other precious stones, such as sapphires or rubies.
What Is Pink Spinel Good For?
Pink Spinel is an excellent choice for people looking for a stone to help them achieve their goals. It can also be used to increase your intuition and psychic abilities. Pink Spinel is associated with the Heart Chakra, which allows you to feel love, compassion, and empathy. This stone can also help you to heal from emotional wounds by balancing your emotions.
How To Use A Pink Spinel?
People believe that you can use your pink Spinel for meditation, decoration, purification, and healing.
It is said that holding the stone will help you to focus and bring more profound states of consciousness.
You can also use it as an altarpiece. Pink spinels have a high vibration, so they’re an excellent choice for creating sacred space. They’re also helpful for aligning the chakras and healing work on other people (or yourself).
It is believed that you can cleanse and charge other crystals by placing them on top of your pink Spinel for one hour per week whenever possible. The energy from this crystal helps all other stones or objects in its vicinity become more powerful and effective.
Furthermore, many people believe that pink Spinel can be used in a healing session with another person. They think it can help them overcome sleep troubles due to stress or illness, relax their minds due to its relaxing aura, and overcome negative thoughts.