Pink Sapphire Overview
Pink sapphires have been prized for thousands of years for their beauty and desirability.
They symbolize love and affection, and many cultures believe these sapphires have healing powers. The most sought-after color is an intense, almost fluorescent shade of pink.
Although sapphires come in various colors, pink sapphires are known for their stunning rosy hue.
What Is Pink Sapphire?
Pink sapphires are beautiful pink-colored minerals belonging to the Corundum family. They can also sometimes be called pink rubies but are usually referred to as sapphires.
It is believed that this stunning gemstone holds special powers. It symbolizes love, affection, sincerity, loyalty, trust, and feminine power. They are considered best for engagement, wedding rings, and gifts for loved ones. These stones are also associated with beauty, joy, and contentment.
Sapphires typically occur as blue stones but can sometimes be found in pink, orange, or green varieties. Pink sapphires are most valued for their vibrant color; however, impurities, such as yellow or brown, may also be present within the stone.
These sapphires are corundum crystals that have a chromium impurity. The presence of this impurity creates a pink color in the stone, ranging from pale to deep shades. The higher the impurity in a stone, the deeper its pink shade.
Etymology Of Pink Sapphire
The word Sapphire originates from the Latin sapphirus, which means blue. The name of this gemstone is possibly derived from the ancient Greek word “sappheiros” (which refers to a gem in their culture).
Pink Sapphire Appearance
Pink sapphires exist in a variety of shades and hues. The most common shade is light, medium, or dark pink, including fuchsia, salmon, rose, or even magenta. The color of a pink sapphire depends on the presence of other elements, such as chromium, nickel, and iron. The more chromium in a stone, the more saturation the stone will have.
This Sapphire is sometimes called a sapphire with a unique sparkle or “luster.” You can also find these stunning gems in various cuts, including round, oval, cushion, radiant, and square cuts.
They are often used as gemstones for jewelry because of their beautiful color and durability.
The most common use of pink sapphires is as a gemstone in jewelry. One can use them in rings, necklaces, or even earrings to create a unique piece of art. They are also used as accent stones to enhance the color of other gems, such as diamonds. In addition, they are very hardy and durable, making them ideal for everyday wear.
Where Is It Found?
Pink Sapphire is found in the following locations.
- Madagascar (Leading producer)
- Sri Lanka
|Color||Pale Pink, Medium Pink, Fuschia|
|Hardness (Mohs scale)||9|
|Refractive Index||1.762 to 1.788|
|Luster||Subadamantine, Vitreous, Pearly|
|Specific Gravity||3.95 to 4.03|
Cost and Value
The price of this sapphire jewelry varies depending on the piece you want to purchase. For example, pink sapphire chains can cost $ 60 or more, while the rings can range from $50-$500/ct.
The value of pink sapphire is calculated by its color, cut, clarity, and carat weight (ct).
The Four C’s Criteria:
- Color: The color of the stone is its most important feature. The color of pink Sapphires ranges from pale pink to dark pink. The more intense the color, the higher its value. Sapphires having a rich pink hue with purple undertones are considered more valuable than lighter tones. The deeper the pink shade, the more valuable it is.
- Clarity: The clarity is determined by the number of inclusions (blemishes). It is easier to find Pink natural sapphires with inclusions and flaws. On the other hand, synthetic stones are flawless.
- Cut: The cut of a stone is an important factor in determining its value. Cut refers to the shape, finish, and proportion of a gemstone. It also determines how light travels through it and reflects off its surface. A cut that allows more light to enter and reflect off the stone, thus enhancing its color and brilliance, is considered more valuable than one that does not. Pink Sapphire can be cut in various forms, the most popular being oval, round, pear, and cushion cut. If you want a stone that will last a lifetime and more, choose one with a good cut.
- Carat Size: This refers to the weight of the stone. The larger the carat (ct), the more valuable it is. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that a bigger pink sapphire will always be better than a smaller one. It all depends on its cut quality and color grade as well.
How can a person tell if Pink Sapphire is Real or Not?
- Check Imperfections: Look at the overall quality of the Sapphire. Sapphires have fewer inclusions than rubies in general. Because synthetic Sapphire is grown in a laboratory, it has almost no imperfections. However, a natural, high-quality sapphire may have flaws because of its exposure to the elements while it grew beneath the earth’s surface.
- UV Testing: A UV test can reveal a natural pink sapphire’s geographic origin and whether it is synthetic. In addition, the testing shows if the stone has been treated or enhanced.
- Spectroscope Test: The spectroscope illuminates the stone with a beam of light and analyzes its color, revealing whether it is synthetic or natural. Synthetic sapphires typically contain coloring agents that cause them to appear bright and shiny under fiber-optic lighting conditions, while natural sapphires do not.
- Check Hardness: It has a Mohs scale hardness of 9, which means it is extremely tough and durable, making it resistant to scratches and other forms of damage. Try scratching a fingernail over the stone to see if it leaves a mark. If it does, then it is not a genuine pink sapphire.
- Fog Test: Give the stone a quick fog test by placing it in front of your mouth. The fog should last for two seconds or less if it is a true sapphire. If it lasts longer than this, then the stone is not a genuine sapphire.
- Ask an Expert: If you still need to figure out your gemstone, ask a professional jeweler or gemologist to examine it. They’ll be able to tell if it is real or fake based on its appearance and composition.
Pink Sapphire stimulates the Heart Chakra, present in the center of your chest. It’s associated with love, compassion, and emotional healing.
The Heart Chakra
The Heart Chakra is the center of self-love, compassion, and forgiveness. When this chakra is blocked, you can feel disconnected from others and insecure in your relationships.
When the heart chakra is in harmony, it opens the door to a deeper connection with yourself and others. Your emotions become more balanced, and you love yourself and others. You gain insight into your true nature and learn how to show your feelings in healthy ways instead of repressing them.
Where is the Heart Chakra located?
It is present in the center of your chest, between the lungs, under the sternum, and above the diaphragm.
What is another name for the Heart Chakra?
The heart chakra is also called the Fourth Chakra or Anahata, which means “unstruck” or “not broken.” This chakra is linked with the air element and the color green.
Pink Sapphire Meaning And Uses
Metaphysical Healing Properties:
- As pink Sapphire resonates with the heart chakra, this stunning gemstone helps strengthen and balance the heart. It is also used to balance blood sugar, control glucose metabolism in cases of diabetes and hypoglycemia, and prevent hyperglycemia.
- It is a healing gemstone known for its calming and regulating properties. It helps the body to regulate hormonal balance, reduces inflammation, and treats circulatory problems by strengthening veins.
- Pink Sapphire is believed to bring mental peace and serenity to its wearer. It has a soothing effect on the mind and can help calm an overactive mind. The gemstone is also used to treat depression, anxiety, and stress.
- It helps to overcome shyness and nervousness, and it is also believed to improve self-esteem. In addition, it helps the wearer to stay calm when faced with stressful situations.
- Pink Sapphire is an ideal choice for engagement and wedding rings as it brings joy and love to the wearer, improves relationships, and brings more love into one’s life. In addition, one can use it to attract a partner or enhance existing relationships.
- Wearing a Pink Sapphire engagement ring brings out compassion and generosity in the wearer and can also help overcome envy and jealousy. A sapphire ring in combination with white gold, yellow gold, or diamond looks extremely stunning and has beneficial effects on a relationship. The gemstone is also believed to protect against negative energies and bring positivity into one’s life.
- Pink Sapphire is a stone of spiritual love. It helps to open the heart chakra and bring more compassion into your life. The stone is also used to attract spiritual love and can be used to increase spiritual awareness.
- This gemstone is used to learn the lessons of appreciation and gratitude. It enhances our knowledge that love—not possessions or status—fulfills us as human beings.
- Pink Sapphire is associated with the heart chakra. The Heart Chakra is present in the middle of your chest. This chakra controls our relationships and how we feel about ourselves. When this chakra is open, we feel love and compassion for others and ourselves. Pink Sapphire combines red and pink, representing love, romance, and affection.
Pink Sapphire Feng Shui:
- Pink Sapphire is associated with the Southeast sector of your home or office. This area is associated with love, romance, and affection. Therefore, it’s best to place Pink Sapphire in this area if you want love or a new relationship.
How to clean Pink Sapphire Jewelry?
To clean your jewelry, use warm water and mild soap.
- Use a soft toothbrush to gently remove any dirt from the surface of your jewelry.
- Be sure to rinse well and dry with a soft microfiber cloth.
- Avoid soap, bleach, or chemical cleaners, as they can damage your jewelry.
- To keep your pink gemstones color vibrant, avoid exposing it to strong heat or chemical products.
- Burn a smudge stick to purify your stone from any negative energy.
- Always store your jewelry in a soft cloth pouch or gem box to avoid scratching.
What Is Pink Sapphire Good For?
Pink Sapphire is a stone of love, compassion, and healing. It can be used to attract true love or to heal relationships that have been hurt. It also has strong psychic abilities, allowing you to connect with your spirit guides and higher self for guidance in all areas of life.
What Are The Healing Properties Of Pink Sapphire?
Pink Sapphire is one of the strongest stones for healing, especially the heart chakra. It is used to heal all kinds of physical and emotional wounds. It’s also great if you want to attract positive energy into your life.
It can be used to improve your self-esteem, increase feelings of love and compassion for others, and heal past relationships that have been damaged. Pink Sapphire is associated with the Heart Chakra. It will clear and energize this chakra, helping you to open up to others and let go of negative emotions.
Pink Sapphire also helps physically heal the heart, especially when it comes to blood and circulatory problems. It can treat heart disease, open blood vessels and improve circulation throughout the body.
How Hard Is Pink Sapphire?
The Mohs hardness of Pink Sapphire is 9, which means that it is a very hard stone and can be used to make jewelry. It is also resistant to scratching and chemical damage.
Is Pink Sapphire Associated With Any Health Risks?
No, Pink Sapphire is not associated with any health risks. It is a natural stone used for thousands of years in jewelry.
Is Pink Sapphire Heat-treated?
Most pink sapphires in jewelry stores have been treated to improve their appearance. Untreated stones are rare and very expensive.