Black Tourmaline Stone Overview
Black Tourmaline crystal is a semi-precious gemstone. It is an opaque form of Tourmaline with black color and an oily luster. The stone comes from the Sinhalese word “Turamali,” which means “stone of mixed colors.”
This article will go into depth about the properties, meanings, and uses of the powerful Black Tourmaline gemstone.
What Is Black Tourmaline Crystal?
Black Tourmaline crystal is a form of Tourmaline that is dark, almost black. It belongs to the category of minerals called Tourmaline. It’s also sometimes called Schorl.
This stone is a mineral made up of silica and chemicals like boron, iron, magnesium, manganese, and aluminum.
Black Tourmaline is a natural pyroelectric, meaning it becomes positively charged when heated, and a piezoelectric crystal, which means that pressure on the stone will cause an electric charge to flow through it.
How is The Black Tourmaline stone Formed?
Black Tourmaline is formed from the same process that makes other types of Tourmaline. It’s a stone that has been cooked (metamorphosed) under high heat and pressure, which turns all of its silica into different colors.
The Black Tourmaline stones form in prismatic crystals with hexagonal cross sections with parallel faces often striated vertically or horizontally. They can be found less than an inch long up to several inches long. They’re usually very sharp on one end and rounded on the other, so they look like arrowheads pointing toward each other at an angle rather than perfectly straight across their entire length.
What Are The Other Types Of Tourmaline?
Tourmaline’s extraordinary and fascinating qualities are reflected in its wide array of colors, from colorless to black. In addition, you can find a wide variety of color options: from light pastel shades to dark tones and multi-hued stones.
Where Can You Find The Black Tourmaline stone?
The Black Tourmaline stone can be found in a lot of places around the world.
Black Tourmaline Stone Appearance
The Black Tourmaline gemstone is a very dark, opaque stone. It is usually black but can also be brown or greenish-black. The color can vary from light to dark depending on how much iron it contains. It’s often cut into cabochons or polished into spheres because these shapes clearly show off its unique patterning without losing any essential properties as a crystal.
Black Tourmaline is an excellent gemstone to wear as jewelry. It can be used in rings, pendants, bracelets, and even placed in your pocket when you need extra protection from negative energy.
Black Tourmaline Stone Physical Properties
|Mineral Group||Tourmaline Group|
|Color||Black, Bluish Black, Brownish Black|
|Hardness (Mohs scale)||7|
|Refractive Index||1.614 to 1.666|
|Specific Gravity||2.85 to 3.35|
The Black Tourmaline stone Value
Black Tourmaline is a popular gemstone. It can be found in various sizes, from large to tiny, and comes in many different cuts. The value of black Tourmaline depends on many factors, including cut, clarity, and size.
- Size: The size of The Black Tourmaline gemstone can significantly affect its value. The larger the stone, the more pricey it becomes, as larger pieces are rarer to find. However, some prefer smaller pieces because they are easier to wear and carry.
- Cut: Cut is essential in influencing the value of your gemstone. A well-cut Black Tourmaline gem is more valuable than one that’s poorly cut. The cut also affects how much light the gem can reflect the viewer’s eyes when worn as jewelry.
- Shape: Black Tourmaline is commonly cut into round stones or rectangular cabochon gems. It’s also sometimes faceted into other forms like hearts or ovals. The shape of a black tourmaline stone can affect its price, but it’s not as important as cut, color, and clarity.
How To Tell If The Black Tourmaline stone Is Real?
There are many ways to tell if Black Tourmaline crystal is genuine or not. Some methods that can be used include:
- Scratch Test: This is the most common way to test a stone’s authenticity. It involves scratching the surface of the gem with something sharp like a kitchen knife and then checking for signs of damage from under magnification. If you see any marks, then it is likely fake. This is because genuine Black Tourmaline is too hard for most metals to scratch.
- Acetone Test: This is another easy way to test the authenticity of Black Tourmaline. Simply submerge your gem in acetone for 15 minutes and then wipe it dry. If the color is faded or comes off, then it is likely fake. An authentic stone will not have any of the color removed.
- Color: Another easy way to test the authenticity of Black Tourmaline is by looking at its color. It is likely fake if it has an unnatural look or appears faded. An authentic stone will have a rich jet-black appearance with no signs of fading or discoloration.
If you are unsure, bring it to a gemological expert to verify.
Black Tourmaline stone Chakra Connection
The Black Tourmaline stone is strongly associated with the Root Chakra, which, as the name suggests, is the lowermost chakra and is situated at the base of the spine.
This chakra is also known as Muladhara. The Root Chakra is the foundation of our being and is responsible for providing us with a sense of safety and security. The Root Chakra represents survival instincts and is responsible for providing us with security and stability when faced with adversity or uncertainty. In addition, feeling safe in one’s environment can act as a foundation for success in other areas of life, such as one’s career or relationships.
An imbalance in this chakra can lead to feelings of anxiety, fear, and paranoia that will harm all aspects of your life.
Which Birthstone is The Black Tourmaline stone Associated With?
Although the Black Tourmaline stone is not a birthstone, its blue and pink varieties are.
Blue Tourmaline is the birthstone for December, whereas Pink Tourmaline is the birthstone for October.
Black Tourmaline Meaning And Uses
- Black Tourmaline is a stone that has many different properties. It is known to be an excellent stone for meditation. Black Tourmaline stone is also known to be able to help one connect with their spiritual guides and guardian angels. Black Tourmaline stone can be used as a shield against toxic energy as the stone is thought to deflect any psychic attacks using its protective energy.
- The hardness of Black Tourmaline makes it ideal for jewelry because it will not scratch easily. It can be fashioned into a Black Tourmaline bracelet, Black Tourmaline necklace, or even earrings.
- Black Tourmaline is a stone often used to protect from negative energy. It can help you protect yourself from other people’s negative emotions and your own. It will help you to stay grounded when around others who are feeling stressed or anxious. Black Tourmaline can also help you by protecting your physical body from any bad energy that may be present in your environment.
- When using Black Tourmaline, try to keep it near your pillow at night so that its grounding properties will help clear away any negative thoughts from your mind before they have a chance to manifest into nightmares or anxiety attacks during sleep time!
- It’s often called the “stone of transformation” because it helps increase your self-confidence in your daily life. It also helps you to be more honest with yourself, which is crucial because it allows you to see what parts of your personality are holding you back from being who you want to be!
- Black Tourmaline is often used as part of energy healing to remove energy blockages from the body’s meridians so that energy flows freely throughout the body again. This will help you feel more energetic and healthy overall.
- Black Tourmaline removes negativity from your life and helps you to become more optimistic. Its purification properties can help cleanse your aura, allowing you to feel happier and lighter. It is used as part of crystal healing to remove energy blockages from the chakras using its own energy so that you experience more balance in all areas of life.
How To Clean Black Tourmaline Jewelry?
If you want your jewelry to last a long time, you should take good care of your jewelry. Here are some steps you can take to ensure that your Black Tourmaline stays beautiful for years to come.
- To start, dip the Black Tourmaline in lukewarm water and let it soak for 15 minutes up to an hour to loosen up the dirt and grime.
- After soaking, use a toothbrush and brush off all the stains gently. If there is resistance, you can use soap or a gentle dishwasher detergent.
- After thoroughly cleaning your stone, use a microfiber cloth to dry it and bring out its shiny luster.
- Be sure to store it in a cool and dry place.
- You can recharge your stone by using a full moon’s light or by burying it in the Earth, drawing out any negative energy it contains and replacing it with positive energy. Make sure to do this at least once a month to keep your stone charged and at its highest potential!
Which Gemstones Go Best With Black Tourmaline?
What Is Black Tourmaline Good For?
Black Tourmaline is suitable for anyone looking to feel more grounded, calm, and confident. It’s also a must-have for anyone who wants to balance their life energy and keep it from being drained by negative emotions or external factors.
What Are The Healing Properties Of Black Tourmaline?
Black Tourmaline is said to have many healing properties that can purify the body and mind. It is believed to improve blood flow, balance hormones, relieve stress and anxiety, and encourage creativity. Furthermore, some people believe that it can protect against negative energy, viruses, and disease.
Is Black Tourmaline Heat Treated?
Tourmaline comes in a variety of colors, including black. Some gems are often heat-treated to improve their clarity and improve their appearance. However, black Tourmaline is often not heat-treated and will remain in its raw form.